Tonight, I had a rather strong desire for some cake. I didn't want ice cream. I wanted something solid and doughy and chocolatey. The problem was that I had just made dinner and was in no mood to go back into the kitchen to make a cake or anything remotely similar. Also, Kathryn was not willing to make me anything. :) So, I was resigned to eating some cookies. *sad face* I voiced my longing for chocolatey goodness to The High Mogul, and she told me, "Oh well." *really sad face* Then, she turned to me. "You know," she said, "I've heard of recipes where you can make cake in a mug in the microwave."
Hope dawned like the sun or a lightbulb being turned on. I went to get my computer, typed in google, and looked up recipes for cakes in mugs. One linnk popped up at the very top that only took 3 minutes, with a fairly simple list of ingredients.
I sojourned into the kitchen and gathered my ingredients. Pulling out Mom's mug, 'cause it's bigger than mine, I plopped all the stuff into it. I was very happy that the only dishes to get dirty was the mug, a tablespoon, and fork. Everything was stirred up and put in the microwave. It was very hot coming out, a little too hot, but I still tasted it.
While not stellar or anywhere near the best cake I'd ever had, it was still good and satisfied my craving for cake which was the only real purpose for it anyway. After eating a bit of it, I decided to dump it into a bowl and put just a bit of vanilla ice cream on top.
Here's the recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/3-minute-chocolate-cake-in-a-cup-339696
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WHat an easy way to satisfy a craving! Way to go!
I like the "dump it into a bowl with ice cream" part the best.
I've never heard of "cake in a mug" before....definitely needs an ice cream topper to complete the recipe! :)
Post a Comment