Beauty and the Beast Cleans Up

Friday, August 12, 2011
When I was little and became sick, I got to watch a movie. The movies, though different, never varied much. In fact, now I can look back and remember that they were almost in a list in my head. Those certain movies were jokingly nick-named Meaghan's Sick Movies, because I would always watch them then. Some of the movies included the original Parent Trap, the BBC Silver Chair, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Sword in the Stone, and Beauty and the Beast. When I go back to watch those movies, I remember certain times when I was sick and had picked this or that one to watch, but none bring back those memories of being little so much as Beauty and the Beast.
The movie starts and the very first scene, the view of the castle from the forest, is still in my mind the most beautiful picture ever animated. It makes me grin and get all excited. Then, the movie continues with wonderfully old animation and amazing musical numbers. I mean, watching Be Our Guest and Human Again is just amazing. The way everything works together...aaaah, it's so cool!!! For a long time now, I've debated within myself over which Disney movie has the best songs. I'd finally whittled it down to between Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. Well, watching the later yesterday, proved everything to me.
Yes, Beauty and the Beast, is for me, the most beautiful of animated movies. It's also got the best music of a Disney movie. And, it has probably the best comical partnership of a Disney movie as well. Oh, and watching it on Blu-ray makes it even better. ;)

"Serve him tea. Sit in the master's chair. Pet the pooch!"
"I was trying to be hospitable."

"I want to do something special for her, but what?"
"Well, there's the usual things: flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep...."

0 comments: