I woke up at 6:30 in order to have enough to time to knock out 2 thirty minute classes, eat breakfast, and get ready to leave all before 8:45. You see, my first class, Hist. (Sorry, I use shortened forms of class names), was at 9:30. However, they were doing a special at the college because of classes starting so there were some freebies to get. Thus, I wished to leave early in order to collect. :) Well, I did my Eng, then got ready, then ate, and then did my Lit, which did in fact allow me to be ready when it was time to go. I got to the school, and picked up my free t-shirt and goodie bag. The bag held stuff like pencils and pens and notepads and such. And, even if I don't use it, it's still always nice to get free stuff right?
"I say am I right?!"- A Charlie Brown Christmas (had to sneak in a quote somewhere.)
Now, on to Hist, where I met up with my friend Jesse, who is also taking the class. We filed into the classroom and sat down. We were not prepared for the hour and twenty minutes of monotone (and pathetic jokes) that were about to assail us as our teacher, Dr. Hayward, introduced us to the syllabus. I'm glad this lady gives a lot of notes, 'cause I'll need something to do to keep my mind awake!
My next class was Gov. Now, I'd already taken part 1 of the class last semester with Dr. Bob Eubanks, or Brother Bob as he likes to be called. And, I was taking him again this semester. So, I was pretty sure as to what I could expect from him. Of course, any of you who know him, will know that you CAN'T expect anything because he's all about the unexpected. Anyway, his opening class was the usual "history of Rock and Roll." It very funny, and perked me up from the dismal plodding I'd just sat through. When Gov finished, I went down to the Commons for something that I was very excited about.
Cupcake Wars!!! Well, not exactly. Have you seen the show on Food Network? Well, if not, here's a very brief summary. 4 contestants must compete by baking and decorating cupcakes to get to the final round where they must make a 1,000 cupcake display. (They have help! Don't worry.) The college was doing a mini version of that. 4 contestants got 2 minutes to decorate their cupcake with any color icing provided (but only 2 colors of fondant). Then, the cupcakes would be judged, and the winner got a giftcard.
I come up to the challenge thinking, "2 minutes is a ton of time. It's doesn't take that long to put the bag in your hand and squeeze." Well, I decide I was going to make a dinosaur.
My fondant colors are orange and red, and of course, green is my frosting. 2 minutes...and START!!! I start piping, and then I start to make the dinosaur. As I look at the cupcake, I think, "Man, I really want a thinner tip, maybe some black icing to make some outlines. I'd like a spatula to smooth things out, too." Then, I hear that there's only 30 seconds left! AHHHH! Quickly, I start rolling out my fondant to make the teeth and tongue, and they're counting down. I did finish before the buzzer, but it went a WHOLE lot faster than I expected!
We all presented our creations to the judges. The first girl did abstract art, the guy did "Fire and Rain" (and that should be in quotation marks for more than one reason), the second girl did a rubber duckie which was really cute, and then of course was my dinosaur. The judges deliberated, and the winner was......The Dinosaur!!! Yay! I won a giftcard to Pappa John's too, which was really cool! (The picture's below.)
Well, then I ate one of the cupcakes they provided, chocolate with really good icing and coconut on top. I didn't eat my dinosaur 'cause it had A LOT of icing on it. :D Then, I called Mom, got picked up and went home to finish up all my other schoolwork and things.
So, yes. Now, here I sit, writing a blog post with my math work pending. Oh well, math doesn't take THAT long. ;) Besides, my public needs to hear about all of the exciting news that's circling around me! Talk to you guys later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Yes your PUbLIC must know what is going on! Thanks for the story!
Post a Comment