Sides? Coleslaw (not Tyler's) and French Fries
Estimated Time (for making the rub)? 20 to 30 minutes
Actual Time (for making the rub)? 1 hour
Greetings to you all from my third day on the job as the executive chef at the Kelly Restaurant that only serves dinner to its four regular customers. I was originally planning a different dinner tonight, but changed when I realized we were planning on doing dinner while watching TV. The other dinner, the one planned now for tomorrow, wasn't a really good dinner for in front of the TV. So, I opted for the sandwiches.
This recipe was very easy. All you do is dump all the ingredients into a food processor (all but the pork, of course) and mix it together to form a gooey paste. Then, you put the pork in the dish you're going to bake it in. Next, you plunge your hands into the paste and proceede to smear it all over the pork, making sure to push your sticky fingers into the little holes around the fat. :D I know I'm just making your mouth water right now.
Oh, you can see from the picture that my pork has two pieces instead of Tyler's recipe which uses just one piece. Well, after rubbing in all of the paste, you put it in the refrigerator for 3 hours. After three hours, you take it out, and put it in the oven for 3 hours, (I knocked off the 1/2 hour because of the two pieces of pork). When the timer goes off, you pull the pan out, let the meat rest for 10 minutes, and then grab two forks and get to pulling.
Before
After
It was REALLY good. The other three customers informed the executive chef, that moisture of some kind, perhaps BBQ sauce, was needed. However, the executive chef, who is known for eating dry cereal and dry BBQ sandwiches thought it was perfect.
Here's the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tylers-ultimate/pulled-pork-sandwich-recipe/index.html
| all put together |
"PORK! Mother."-Emma
8 comments:
AWESOME--THAT I wish I could have right now...
Wowzers! You outdid yourself! I am impressed and I have never done a pulled anything in my life. Congrats. I knew it was going to be a great post. I like the parts where you refer to your customers and executive chef. Very professional! :D
Sounds like this was the favorite meal of the 3 this week for everyone?
I did pulled pork with Richard Ball in Tyler once...was fun!
Why thank you both! Yes, Ryan. I'd say this was the favorite so far.
And of course, in Carolina, the slaw is supposed to go ON the sandwich!
Slaw on top is the WAY to go!
YUM! That looks really good! I definitely want some of that!
Post a Comment