One thing, Two Faces

Saturday, February 19, 2011
Have you ever taken the time to realize that some foods are the same as other foods, just perhaps dunked in something? And if you have, isn't it comical how we can like one but not the other? For instance, check out these same things:

Cucumbers-Pickles
Plums-Prunes
Grapes-Raisins
Philadelphia "Block" Cream Cheese, Philadelphia "Spreadable" Cream Cheese

So, when you went through that list did you find anything that you liked one side but not the other? I LOVE cucumbers. They're so fresh, light, and I could eat a tub of them. Usually, that tends to give me an upset stomach, but I'm not gunna go there. ;) Anways, so I like them, but I can't stand Pickles. They're awful! They smell and taste just...bad, just bad.
Plums are not on my list of tasty fruit. They're not even on the list of okay fruit. Unfortunately, they've escaped me. But, I like Prunes. They're nice and squishy and covered with sticky stuff. :)
Grapes and raisins each have a place in my heart.
Now, we come to probably the most controversial area of this post. The matter of the two cream cheeses. Now, some would say, looking at the identical brand, that there's no difference. However, to them, "I will laugh in their faces" (Kit Kittridge: An American Girl). There is a great difference that only a cream cheese connaiseur can detect. I am such a one. The block is okay, but it's just CANNOT measure up to the power of the spreadable cream cheese.

Yes, I know, I'm weird. See you in my next weird post. ;)

1 comments:

Bethany A. Cavanaugh said...

Haha,clever. Love this post.