Emma

Sunday, January 2, 2011
After posting a post about a movie that I couldn't stand, I decided, if only to be fair, that I must post a post about a movie that I love. This movie is the Gwenyth Paltrow version of Emma. This movie is a classic in our house as being one of the few movies that Mom really wants to watch. It's is most definitly a chick flick, but hey, girls, who doesn't love a good chick flick now and then? I am not ashamed to say that I enjoy them as much as anybody.
Personally, I like Emma best out of what I've read from Jane Austen. I know there's a lot to choose from so probably everybody has their own favorite. But, being my fav. of the books, I like it the best out of the movies. Of course, as always, I have my reasons. :)
You've got so much hilarious stuff. Funny lines, hysterical actions, humorous looks; they all blend together to make a movie where you're always laughing. And another big thing, can you beat Jeremy Northam for Mr. Knightley? I don't think so. He is by FAR the best guy that Jane Austen made (at least from what I've read.)
And to end with, I'll leave you with some of my all time fav. quotes from this movie. Bear in mind that this is the smallest amount I could make. There were just too many favorites. :D

"Have we recieved an invitation for a party at the Cole's?" "No, thank heaven. The Cole's are nice people. But we should have to go outside to get there."--Emma and Mr. Woodhouse

"Try not to kill my dogs"--Mr. Knightley

"PORK!"--Miss Bates

"Is it possible that Mr. Elton met her while doing charitable work in a mental infirmary?!"--Emma

"Oh napkin, sorry."--Miss Bates

"I rode through the rain....I'd ride through worse if I could just hear your voice telling me that I might have some chance to...to win you."--Mr. Knightley

0 comments: