The Three World Wonders of Siblings

Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Today happens to be national sibling day, and so I am succumbing to internet pressure by writing a blog post about it. :D 

Brother 1--Ryan: Loud and quiet, living in another state but still around, encouraging, pushes the boundaries to get me to think about things, asks a question to specifically get me to find a position about something, no nonsense about certain things unless he feels like being goofy, the best pianist I know, makes amazing eggs but I had to show him how to make a real omelet, crazy driver, takes a real interest in my interests, will always be the big brother to ask questions, can make Julianne laugh more than anyone else, excellent deep-dish pizza maker, a friend not just a brother, and has the best laugh I know. 

Brother 2--Justin: Makes any situation better, the one to make up football plays for front-yard games, willing to run around with markers as phasers, really good at poker but loses at Omaha, never ever is going to lose a game of Stratego, more brilliant than I knew was possible, doesn't do so well making rice, a necessity for the proper and full enjoyment of watching Remember the Titans, can out talk you in any argument because he uses big words, chicken connoisseur, had a bed I couldn't sit on :P, always reliable, has the cool car, plays the piano and I'm 8 years old again, and has the best laugh I know.

The only sister--Kathryn: the person that know me best--to an ocean's floor depth, the only person that can fully translate when I'm speaking the obscure dialect of quoting, the most exasperating and most endearing, the first call and the first text, when there's nothing to talk about we still talk for an hour, always contributing to my books--even when I might not want her to, and she's always right about my books--even when I don't think she is, my best friends can't touch how "best" she is, amazing, complex, nearly opposite taste in music from me but has the same taste in fictional male characters HAHA!, Disneyworld lover, movie-holic, always willing to read anything I give her...even if it's poetry, doesn't mince words when I'm being stupid or overreacting, dependable, blue with pink polka dots, and has the best laugh I know. 

I couldn't love these three any more!


0 comments: