I Shall Endeavor

Friday, January 13, 2012
A fellow blogger and friend, Bethany, posted not too long ago saying that she was going to try to get into a routine of blogging once a week. This intrigued me greatly as I really love blogging but never seem to get around to it. So, thanks to Bethany, I shall endeavor to blog once a week.
After a not very good yesterday from many varrying things, I was hoping for a good day today. Well, after dreaming that I rode on a tractor over bleachers to get a look at Brad Pitt on his farm....and then I was in a dark building with about 30 others while someone chanted the intro to The Twilight Zone, I thought it would be at least a funny day. I know, I know, my dreams are the worst!!!
So, my day was going well: school playing out easily, a good lunch, watched an episode of N: LA. For those of you who don't know, that's my own personal abbreviation for the TV show NCIS: Los Angeles. See why I shorten it? Well, I'm pretty obsessed over NCIS at the moment but decided to watch an N: LA episode since I'd only seen one other of those. Like I said, stuff was going well.
Que computer malfunction. Que the loss of my recent revisions in my Nano book. Yeah, plummit to the afternoon right there. I still quite understand what happened 'cause even going into the Recycle Bin couldn't retrieve it. I mean, it's not the end of the world because I still have the whole file. Believe me, that would be the absolute worst! Still, I'd just finished revising a really difficult section that was driving me crazy. I was so happy with the new product, of how I'd ironed out all the problems, and how much better it flowed. Now, I'm back to where I was. Needless to say that after this, I will be meticulous with making sure everything is saved properly in light over another glitch.
So, I'll be working on making up the lost revisions soon because I've decided to enter my manuscript in a competition. Click Here: http://www.amazon.com/b?node=332264011 It sounds super cool, but I need to finish the revisions in ten days and that's a pretty quick to revise, roughly, 40,000 words.
Our next door neighbors are holding a garage sale tomorrow, and we're carting over the things we're scrounging up to get some quick quarters. :) It's rather fun to rifle through the things you own and say, "Why do I still have this? **tosses item in sell pile**
Side note: Don't you think "I shall endeavor" is a cool quote? I think so. I think it can be applied to everything. In another sense, it's simply "I'm going to try," but "I shall endeavor" just sounds so much cooler.

1 comments:

Bethany A. Cavanaugh said...

Yes, let's do it together!

Sorry I haven't read your book yet. I will definitely soon, though!