Analyzing myself

Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Every once in awhile, Kathryn and I will have deep discussions. Shocking, I know. Still, it's true. Well, in the discussion of tonight I happened upon something about me that I hadn't really thought about before. It's no secret that I talk constantly, without breathing, without letting anyone else speak. I have endeavored to rein in this chatter because people who talk like that to me...bother me. And while I've improved to some extent, I still have miles to go.
Anyway, the interesting fact I happened upon was the reason for my ceaseless talking. I want to share. I have so many stories about my life, about other people I know, about things I've read...I just have stories swimming around in the ocean of my mind, and I want to share them with people. I want others to live my experiences, to know what I know, to see what I see. When I stand amidst conversation, hundreds of stories pop up that relate to something that was just said. I open my mouth to share my experiences that "of course others want to know," and that's when I realize that I need to not hijack the convesation. This is someone else's chance to tell their stories, and they have just as many as I do.
The irony is what I am, and what I wish to be. I am a writer and wish to be a published author. I have stories in my head that I want to share with others. In my novels, I have full reign of the conversation. I can talk as much as I wish through my characters. I can express my views. I can share my experiences, my feelings, my ideas.
In the back of my mind, I always know that God is perfect. I know He has a perfect plan for my life, but once and awhile (as in tonight) something will hit me with the "perfect-ness" of God. He gave me an urge to share my life and my stories and then gave me a gift to express this urge. We are the children of a marvelous god. I am the child of the Almighty who knows me inside and out and has chosen to allow my passion to seep into multiple areas of my life.

0 comments: