I believe 'Not Enough Hours in the Day' will be the montra for this semester. I seem to be incredibly pressed for time lately: not only in trying to accomplish all my required school, but also having some liesure time. There has to be some kind of fun throughout the day, otherwise one gets in a bad mood. Or, I get in a bad mood. Like today.
I woke up not really in a bad mood, just a bit out of sorts. I wasn't my usual perky self. Well, I insisted that I would just shake out of it as the day went by but when it hit 1:30 and it had yet to shake out, I made a big decision. I would put off my school to take a nap. I set my alarm to go off after a half hour of sleeping 'cause I knew I'd fall asleep fast. Well, my alarm went off, and I cracked my one eye open enough to shut it off. I awoke for real when Mom came home.
(My dream was that Dad had gotten home from one of his work-related road trips at midnight. We'd all gone outside to help his unload the car when he found a small kitten in the front yard. It's body was clear and it's head was blue and around it's neck were this wavy/spiky things like a lion's mane. Well, we took it into the garage and it talked to me and told me not to pet it 'cause the wavy things would give off an electric shock. Well, the "next morning," there was this random girl staying with us who everybody seemed to know but I knew that it was the kitten changed into a girl. I asked her her name when we were alone...and I woke up.) Why couldn't have told me her name faster?!?! But, an incredibly weird dream.
My reading has been lagging behind because of the limited time and having to choose what I do. Still, I'm trying to get through a book called Crossed. It's the sequel to Matched which is a fairly popular trilogy which the third book has yet to be released. For any of you who read The Giver, Matched was a good deal like that and so was a bit boring because it seemed like I'd read everything already. However, about half-way through Matched, it got much better and ended really well. Crossed has been excellent so far. It would probably have already been finished but...you know why.
My classes are going fairly well. At the college I'm taking, Algebra, History 2, and Eng. 2. History is fairly uneventful but the teacher, while a bit strange, is 10,000 times better than my Hist. 1 teacher. Algebra is more enjoyable than I expected, so that's a plus. My Eng. class is pretty funny though. I have the same teacher as 1, because I thought she was great. Well, she's still great but the funny part comes from the reading assignments. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've had to read! And, really, there's nothing technically funny about them, but it's because they contain such random, creepy, and inappropriate stuff that makes me laugh.
Recently, I watched two movies at the Drive-In theatre that's in Tomball (The Showboat Drive-In). My family really enjoys going because it's $5 for two movies, and it's an altogether different experience than simply going to a regular theatre. The movies that we saw were Joyful Noise and War Horse, both new to us. We'd heard so many good reviews about War Horse that our high hopes fell quite a bit as we were confused. In fact, I was bored through a good portion of the movie: the portion that I wasn't crying heavily in, that is. Joyful Noise was unexpectedly hilarious. There was a little more language than I would've liked, and one REALLY random and slightly creepy story bit that if you've seen the movie, you know what I'm talking about. Still, it was a really fun movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I totally empathize. You really have to learn time management once you get to college, which is a challenge.
I read Matched and Crossed a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed them. Can't wait for the third one to come out!
Post a Comment