To the Asphalt

Monday, December 12, 2011
For quite awhile I've been a bit uncontent with my body. It's not like I hate it or anything. There are just some areas that I would like to change. A week ago, I decided that the only way to make that change was to start exercising. So, that's what I did.
I woke up, donned my sweatshirt and gym-shoes, and hit the road alternating between jogging and walking. (Side note: whenever I work out, I wear shorts) Because of this attire, I was freezing. Well, I went out again the next morning and upon returning, I saw that my legs had a rosy glow. I promptly asked Mom if we could go and try to find some long work out pants. :)
For the next two morning, I jogged/walked, now clothed in long pants, a long sleeve shirt, jacket, gloves, and one of those headbands to keep my ears from having that rosy glow. Also, the cat that hangs around our house, Peter, followed me down the street like a little dog. He's so cute, and I enjoyed the company until he got scared by a car.
For Fri, Sat, and Sun, I took a break. However, this morning, I went back out to pound the asphalt with my shodden feet. (Is shodden a word? *shrugs* I like it anyway.) Peter took off with me again, but this time I'd also brought along my iPod. Yes, I had lots of fun going down the street with the brisk wind in my face and singing multiple Disney songs as loud as I wanted. I intend to go out tomorrow morning the same way.

"So hit the road...and DON'T trample the Pansies!" -- Father of the Bride part 2

0 comments: