Oh, come on! Michael Buble fans, come to your senses! Can't you realize that by being his fans you encourage him? Don't you understand that by buying his CDs, you're promoting him? Can't you see that you suffogate conversations by introducing his name? Personally, I've just never gotten on his fan boat, nor do I intend you. I let that boat sail on without me, gladly.
(If you are a "said person"'s fan, you should probably stop reading right here. If you're not, you're going to enjoy this.)
All right, let us dissect this so called artist. Notice that little word or words, "so called." Anyway, I will give the one thing about him that I actually....kind of...like. His songs. His songs are okay. They're not bad. One or two I actually like. However, he has one problem with them. All of those songs need words sung to them. Poor guy, he was not blessed in the vocal area. He does try, you can hear, but...it just never goes anywhere.
Another problem with him is that, well, Kathryn likes him. And, she doesn't just like him, she really likes him. He's her self proclaimed favorite artist. This here is proof of what I've said for years. Kathryn's flipped her lid. ;) And, she has his CDs and she's going to his concert. She also plays his CDs all the time. The problem with this is that his songs are infectious. They get in your head and stay there. And, if you heard the song as soon as you get up in the morning? Sorry, you're doomed. Plus, with the repition of playing, I've learned the words. Not because I wanted to, just because I kept hearing it. It was kind of hard not to. So, when these sticky songs get stuck, you have no choice but to sing the words. Also, because I have a hard time singing a song without immitating the inflection and overall sound of an artist, I've got him in my head...all day.
Don't you sympathize with me? No? Well, go "Cook your own kidneys"--Christmas in Connecticut.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment