Pearl Harbor
Okay, so I was talking in my last post about a new movie I recently watched but there was such a story behind it that it needed it's own post. So, here is the story. It's not a big story or anything but I have nothing else to write about right now and I'm somewhat bored since my Eng. class just got canceled and I have to wait another hour for my next class with nothing to do. Wow! Talk about a run on sentence back there. :D I told you my Eng. class shouldn't have been canceled. :D I do not like sad things which I'm sure you all know. I don't think many people like a lot of sad things. My position is that in movies, you should enjoy yourself and why watch something that's going to make you cry and depress you? There is a very rare movie that I will voluntarily watch if I know it's sad. The first of these was The Last Samurai which is such a good movie. It's probably one of my favorite sad movies, but that's not saying much since I already explained how I don't watch a lot of them. Anyway, this post is not on The Last Samurai; it's about Pearl Harbor. Some time ago, I watched the last 20 minutes or so of the movie with Dad. I often will watch odd bits of various war movies with him. The end was very sad, as all of you who've seen it know. While I didn't understand some of the dialouge, I still thought it was good. Well, recently the movie came on TV, on AMC, which is edited. So, since it was of some interest to me, and I had nothing else to do...(actually I did, but it wasn't pressing) I decided to watch it. While the movie's premise is an attack, the movie is more like Titanic in how it focuses on people and then gets to the calamity that the people are involved in. Henceforth, the beginning had nothing to do sadness. In fact, the beginnnig is pretty funny, especially the "shot giving" scene. So, I was watching this movie and enjoying it more and more. And then it came to the attack, and my goodness, it was sad. It was also very well done which made it more sad 'cause you felt like you were there. Well, that's pretty much when the sadness kept up until the end. When I finished the movie, yes, I felt sad, but I also felt good from watching a good movie. It is rare when a movie make a technical impression on me as being good. This was one of them. Some of those scenes paired with the music were just...really cool. Kathryn, who had been out of the house for the last 2 hours or so, came in to find me still watching the movie. She was very surprised that I'd even started it, let alone finishing it. Then, when I said I liked it a lot, she started to laugh. She said she found it very funny that I pick such random times to watch the randomest movies that she'd never expect me to watch. This led to a long conversaton about how I appreciate certain movies different ways. Well, now that I've written it, it doesn't sound nearly as "story-ish" as I thought I did. I guess I just wanted a post to show how much I enjoyed the movie. Now, I just need to get Kathryn to watch it. ;) I'd put a quote from the movie down here, but none of them really fit out of contex.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment