A Wonderful Week of Choir

Friday, December 10, 2010
So many choir functions have been going on this week. It's been great! We had our dress rehearsal last Thursday with the concert following on that Friday. On Monday we all met together for Ministry Day. That day happens once a semester, and we go and sing at nursing homes and hospitals. After the singing part of Ministry Day was over, we all journeyed to one of the choir memeber's house. There, we PARTIED!!! and rode their very high zip line. So much fun!
Yesterday the special group in my choir, Laudate (meaning And With Praise) sang at another nursing home. And while the piano was horribly out of tune, we sounded good. :) Plus, in a gesture of appreciation, the people in the nursing home decorated candy canes to look like reindeer. It was the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time!
After that singing time, most of the group went out to dinner at Zaxby's. That's a chicken place. I like to think of it as a cross between Fridays, Fudruckers, Wendy's, and Rib Tickler. Rib Tickler was a B-B-Q stand alone restaurant that closed only recently. Anywho, the food was good and the laughs that went with the meal were priceless.
I love choir so much! And being in Laudate this year has been an amazingly fun time. I'm so glad I made it in.
I was debating whether or not to post pictures in here. Does anyone want to see pictures?

0 comments: