A Joyous Day

Friday, December 17, 2010
Sometimes when people have bad days (this includes me), we wonder if we can have a really fun day again. After one of these not good days, I was proved wrong, once again.
I went with my mom and sister to go meet up with my friend. Then, we were going to go watch The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I had such an amazing day, it was hard to describe it. Hanging out with my friend, who can make me laugh every ten seconds with her hilarious quips, would make the day great let alone the movie. However, we added a movie to the outing that was soooooooooo good. Okay, so everyond knows my position fully on this point. I will lay out my list of pros and cons. Feel free to comment with your own opinion. :) (Oh, and skip this part, if you haven't watched the movie.)

Pros.
Number 1: CASPIAN! Oh my goodness, did he get so much better. He dropped the fake accent, lost the poofy-firl hair, grew up, and got some "umph" to him. :D
2. Eustace was very good. Will Poulter did an excellent job of sounding bored, synical, and yet still funny in that way. I'm very interrested to see if he can hold the main role in Silver Chair.
3. The land of the Duffers was good. The Duffers looked good, and I loved how they kept interrupting each otehr, like in the books. Lucy trying to fight in the air was excellent. And, the door of the house that was nowhere was WAY cool!
4.Reepicheep sobered up. He was less silly in this movie which was nice. He seemed more like Reep from the books. I really liked how he was teaching Eustace how to fight as well.
5. I really liked how the power was shifted to Caspian. Now that he was crowned king (and the High King wasn't there), he was in command.
6. The Death Water Island part was cool. Watching Edmund's eyes, like his irises dissappear, was really freaky. It was chillingly cool!

Cons:
1. I did not like Rhince and his daughter, Gael. I mean, talk about POINTLESS! I know the reason why they put them in there, but it was so fake and useless. I didn't like them at all.
2. The Sea Serpent gets this rank for a very specific reason. It was well done but it was plain gross. When it opened it's neck?! *shudders* So, so gross.
3. I didn't like how Eustace showed that he was the dragon. Flying over a fire imprinted rock-land seemed pretty cheesy. They could have taken 10 extra minutes and done something a little better.
4. I wish they had left Gov. Gumpus in Narohaven. I know it would have drawn out the thing too much, but still. It's so funny in the books, so I wish they'd left it in.

Okay, for you people who haven't watched the movie, you can keep reading. Anyway, so with such a good movie as I have listed above and an amazing friend, how can you help but have a great day?
That's what I say. ;)

0 comments: