Twiddling My Toes

Thursday, October 18, 2012
It's been a slow day. I woke up at 5:11 this morning, hacking and hacking. Then, I was unable to go back to sleep. I've been tired all day because of this, and I haven't been able to muster much energy or ambition. So, I'm sitting downstairs right now, with my feet propped up on our coffee table, wiggling my toes back and forth to a nice pulsating rhythm.

I have managed to do a few things lately. I've decorated the house for fall, something I've been wanting to do for awhile. Mom and I went to the store, and I got a pumpkin and some gourds and some dried corn. It looks quite autumnal in here, but the "sage-ey" smell pumping out from Mom's air-freshener/diffuser is messing with the whole thing. It's supposed to smell like lilac and rosemary, but it's just coming out sage.

I'm still gearing up for Nano. In other words, getting more nervous. Thanks to a post from a Nano user and the brilliance of Kathryn (and a little genius of my own-haha) I've finally nailed down the end of my novel. I'm very sad, because it will be very sad. One character which you're supposed to like from the beginning and which I liked from the moment I created him is going to turn out to be a coward and pretty pathetic. :( And, other characters will turn out to be heartless. It's all very depressing, very fitting for the novel's overall aura, but still depressing. And you know I'm the "happy-ending" kind of person. Still, I know it's going to be a very good end, and I'm pretty sure I can write it successfully.

I've been working on a secret project for awhile now; it's a labor of love, really. It's been a bit challenging/ frustrating at times, but it's been a lot of fun. I worked on more of it today, and it will soon be finished. When it's done and is no longer a secret, I shall post some pictures. Anyway, I just felt like sharing that I really have enjoyed working on this project because of the fact that it is a labor of love. Aren't those just the best?

I shall leave you with a random quote today as I continue to twiddle my toes over here. It's from the movie National Treasure between Ben and Riley.

Riley: "This is huge...*prison* huge. You are gonna go to prison."
Ben: "Yeah, probably."
Riley: "That would...bother most people."

0 comments: