The September Slump

Thursday, September 27, 2012
September is nearly over, and I must say I'm happy about that. This is my first year to discover what Kathryn calls "The September Slump." It's basically this black hole of time after the first two weeks of school till the beginning of October. During this time, the first tests come, quizzes are in full swing, homework is coming fast and furious, and you might even be writing papers or at least starting research. Free time is thrown out the window as you're working till 10,11,12 or later to knock out your work.

Well, for me, school was really enjoyable when it started. I went through the first (around) two weeks pretty much in a breeze. Then, I hit this wall. Quizzes, tests, and heavy homework were flying towards me and I started getting so tired EVERY day. I would fall into bed only to get back up at 6 the next morning to do the same thing. I was on the phone with Kathryn telling her how this last week had been pretty rough and I was looking at the week we're currently going in, a bit scared of all the stuff due. She comforted me (haha) by telling me that it's simply the September slump and will right itself out as soon as October comes (because October is when good weather starts down here). And truly, weather makes such a difference. 

Well, today, after a long Mon-Thurs as well as a hard week last week, I finally realized that my heavy load was over. I'd gotten over the hump. I'd pulled out of the slump. Granted, we still have 3 days of September to go, but I think I've got a handle on this thing now. I've been managing my time well and I now have a solid idea of how much work goes into each class (for right now, of course.) ;)

Ahhh, now I'm looking forward to October and that nicer weather. 

1 comments:

Kim said...

Happy October!!!