The Mirror in Your Room

Thursday, September 27, 2012
I recently went to a meeting of the writing club at Lonestar. We did a writing prompt about writing a quatrain. A quatrain is a difficult kind of poem to write. It is four stanzas long with four lines a stanza, and each stanza must have only 8 syllables. Also, there is one line that is repeated throughout every stanza but switched around in wording. One of the prompts was "I bought a mirror for your room." I chose this one to write my poem about, but had to tweak it to "I bought the mirror in your room." I'm so happy with how this turned out. Enjoy!

I bought the mirror in your room
'Cause you don't see yourself enough.
You never realize that you
Have everything you need to do

Anything you want. I wish I
Could open your eyes to all that's
Within your character, shown in
Your room, in the mirror I bought.

The life inside you is lost on
You, on others. It seems you need
The mirror in your room. I bought
It today, it's simple and

Beautiful just like you. Look in
The mirror I bought in your room.
Please try and see yourself for once.
And just, just love yourself for you.

0 comments: