Sum Fun!!! (6)

Friday, August 17, 2012
Well, though I'm behind, I decided I had to write the last three Sum Fun posts. So, here's the first one. The community college 5 minutes from our house (Lonestar: Tomball) puts on a musical every summer. Well, this summer it was Fiddler on the Roof. This would on it's own be something I wanted to go see, because you know I can't resist live performances. But as a bonus, two of my friends were in the show. Also, three of my friends were going to come watch the show with us.
So, when the friends arrived, we had an amazing dinner of Mom's Mongolian beef and then ice cream followed--Bluebell happy tracks. Y-U-M!!! Does anybody *not* want ice cream? Have you ever asked, "So, who wants ice cream?" and someone says, "not me." 'Cause I haven't. My feelings can be simply stated with a movie quote, as seen below. Haha!

"You don't hear nobody say, I don't like no parfaits. Everybody loves parfaits!"--Shrek

Anyway, so after eating, we headed out to the show.

It was a truly wonderful performance! It was pretty believable and I just enjoyed seeing each new scene, so much. Some of that came from not really knowing anything about the story. We have the movie, and Mom loves the plot. Also, Dad will periodically come downstairs doing his own rendition of "If I were a Rich Man," but I didn't really know the story. Haha! Anyway, so I was excited to simply learn the story and the musical numbers were just so good! I had such a great time! Plus, getting to do it with friends and family just lumps bonuses on top of it. :D

0 comments: