Hello gang! Today I started my journey into the academic forest of college. I was rather excited about it, too. College is a whole new experience, and though I've been on campus and doing dual credit for over a year, it's different. It's the difference of just being able to say, I'm in college. I can't say I'm a homeschooler anymore. Sad, yes. It's been a bit weird for me to have to shift that thinking. Oh well, I shall grow used to it. But, the idea of plunging into college, as the idea of college is rather cool. Yes, I was indeed looking forward to it. I'm taking a total of 4 classes this semester: Spanish 1, Philosophy, Algebra, and English. My classes for MW are Span. and Math.
First class was Spanish at 8:00. My very first 8:00 class, and it's at the Montgomery campus of Lonestar to boot. Anyway, it was a very good day. I like the teacher. I think her style (the whole class in Spanish) is interesting. And, I'm excited to learn more of the language I started learning in high school. You know, waaay back then.
After chatting some with my friend who's also in the class, I hopped in the car and we drove to Tomball for Math. I'm not going to go through the whole story. But, suffice it to say, I sat through the entire period...and it turned out to not be my class. I don't have Math on MW, it's scheduled for T/Th. To boot, I missed the first day of my English class. *Sigh* Oh well, something to put down in my embarrassing moments, right? And one of those stories to tell to the kids, "So, there was this one time when your mother went to the wrong class of Math and never found out till she got home." Haha!
Still, it was a good day, and I'm excited for tomorrow with Philosophy...and MATH! :)
The picture below is my carefully planned outfit. I was super excited to wear it all together. It's not the best picture; I need to start standing on an angle, but I always forget. Oh well, next time. Still, I like my clothes. :)
"Don't you love New York in the Fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies." -- You've Got Mail
2 comments:
"The stories about your mother are LEGENDARY!" LOL
You are a good sport and handled everything quite well....even the raucous laughter was fun!
Totally a good outfit. The shoes are the best!
Post a Comment