Current books I'm plowing through

Monday, June 27, 2011
I've really become a heavy reader now. I seem to read all the time, especially if it's a really good book. Plus, I figure that if I'm going to write, I need to read. The books I'm currently in the middle of are Les Miserables, Eldest, and Mansfield Park.
Thoughts:
Les Mis-This book has 5 mini-books in it's binding. Well, I've finished two, and since I was at a breaking point, I've kind of put it on hold right now.
Eldest-I think I explained in an earlier post that the 4th book in the Inheritance Cycle is coming out in Nov. Because of this, I'm rereading through the previous books. Right now, I'm on 2. Now, usually, #2 books are the slow, boring ones of the series because it's the segway from everything starting to everything wrapping up. Also, it's usually the book where (okay, I'll say it) all hell breaks loose and it looks like things can never end happily. Eldest is no different, except that all hell waits to break loose until the last few chapters. The book is immensely boring for two reasons. Eragon is traveling, eating tons of fruit, and sitting in the woods listening to ants. Roran is experiencing anger issues and girlfriend deprivation as he goes on a journey to rescue his love.
Mansfield Park-The first day I started this book, I read 100 pages exactly. I was enjoying it a lot, but recently it's gotten really slow. I'm relatively close to the end, so I don't have any problem with finishing it.

What books are you in the middle of? 

0 comments: