I promised a post about I am Number Four, but I couldn't write a movie post without including some about the newest X-Men film that came out; X-Men: First Class.
I read the book, I am # 4, after seeing the preview. The trailer captured my interest and when I discovered it was a book, I became interested. I enjoyed the book. It was different, with not the usual story, yet still contained some normal elements. So, naturally, I was interested in the movie. However, I knew that because of how it was, it would be spoiled sightly if I watched it with Kathryn and Mom and Dad because they'd be rolling their eyes. They wouldn't get it. As seen from the previous post, the perfect opportunity arrived in going to Austin.
I put the movie in, not having terribly high hopes, in fear of being disappointed. Still, I was expecting a good movie. I was thoroughly pleased when it ended, far more pleased then I expected. The first thing I had noticed was how accurate it was, and it remained so for the entire movie. They were hitting almost every major point, leaving out one big part only because of time. This was exceedingly pleasing in this age of butchering the story coming from books.
The other thing I liked so much, was the character portrayal. The script writers and actors did a wonderful job of showing off the characters. Plus, they showed them in a way that I hadn't thought about before. As a closing, the movie was great, and it made me like the book much more. :D
I discovered the X-Men series not too long ago. Kathryn had seen the first one, or at least part of it. She wanted me to watch it, and though I was sick, I really liked it. Then, we found out that First Class was coming out and so I pressed to watch 2 and 3 before we went to see the movie. Well, we ended up watch 2 the night before we went to see the movie.
First Class was excellent. I liked almost all of the new Xs like Havoc and Banshee and the others. But, my favorte part? Can you guess it? No? Look up into the paragraphs about I am #4. Yes, my favorite part was character portrayal. (It often is in movies) I thought James McAvoy did a stunning job of conveying the young Charles Xavier. The guy who played Eric, don't remember the actor's name, was also very good in showing the inner fire of anger that was eating at his insides. Speaking of the eating fire, early on, he was creeping me out! Kathryn and I leaned over at the exact time and said, "He's freaking me out right now."
Then, there was Mystique or Raven. For her first big performance in Winter's Bone, Jennifer Lawrence was praised and praised. When she secured the coveted spot of Katniss Everdeen for the Hunger Games movie, I became interested in her even more. Now, she was going to be in this movie. She greatly impressed me. I thought she did a super job with her role.
So, as you can see, I was very happy with this movie and now look forward to finishing the series off by watching X3 and Wolverine.
Raven: "I'm tired. Read to me."
Charles: "I have to work on my thesis."
Raven: "Well, read that. That always sends me right off."
0 comments:
Post a Comment