"I love it! I love it! I love it! I love Hawaii! I LOVE Hawaii! I LOVE HAWAII!!!!!!" -- The Kid
You know, there really is a quote for everything. Whether it be a movie, a TV show, an audio program, an audio book, or just people, there is a quote somewhere for anything! :D
For the past 9 days, Dad, Mom, Kathryn, and I have been on the beautiful island of Oahu! We stayed in Honolulu in a hotel RIGHT on Waikiki beach. Oh, so cool! I can't possibly explain everything we did but I'll hit a few memorable points of the trip. (Notice, I did not specify whether they were low or high points. haha)
*The 3 and a half hour flight to LAX followed by the 6 hour flight to Honolulu
*Our hotel, The Hilton Hawaiian Village-a resort so large we ate there several times, completed all our shopping in its stores, and spent the majority of our time there.
*Experiencing Shave Ice.....yuck! Seriously, so nasty! The pink flavor, as Mom so aptly said, tasted like soap!
*The shortbread cookie chain store = UNLIMITED SAMPLES!!! Now, I am not a super huge fan of shortbread...of these? oh yes! So good!
*Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial
*Driving around the North Shore and getting carsick (well, not quite, but you get the general idea)
*The Luau on the last night
*So many nice relaxing hours by the pool
*WIND! Everywhere! The wind never stopped gusting! It was always blowing so hard, wrecking people's hair and blowing sand into our eyes.
*Jet skiing!
*Lots and lots of pineapple!
*The best taxi-driver ever! He put us all in the 5th grade while he drove us around, asking quiz questions, and yelling at us (especially Dad) for getting the wrong answer. He called us by Kid #1 through #4. HAHA!
*The freaky "pig-man" statue in the Asian area of the hotel.
*The ice cream shop, Lappert's, in the hotel. --yeah, lots of stops there!
*The ABC store or stores. This was a chain (one of which was in our hotel) that was EVERYWHERE! It was kind of like how McDonalds and Starbucks are on every corner? ABC stores were all around, and we thought it was this big joke to go into them multiple times. Dad didn't think it was very funny. :D
*And my personal favorite moment of the trip! SURFING! I went surfing, totally surfed and just loved it! I couldn't believe how totally exhilarating it was!
My pictures are not loaded onto my computer yet. But, as soon as they are, I will post some. Promise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
{whiner voice} Where are the pictures?!?!?!? Hahaha, sounds like you all had a great time!
Post a Comment