Ah, yes, it's that time of year again. Time for millionaires to give each other golden statues as host Billy Crystal so perfectly stated. Yes, the 84th Oscars rolled around this Sunday and as always, Kathryn and I sat down to root for our favorites to win and also, to judge the fashion.
Billy Crystal did a fair job as host. I was expecting a bit more because of all the hype, but he was infinitely better than last year's hosts Anne Hathaway and James Franco *SNORE*!!! The jokes were the usual level of humorous but the highlight of the night for me was the performance from Cirque Du Soliel (I believe that's the spelling). They were utterly amazing! I can't say flawless 'cause one of the guys fell off the guy he was sitting on top of, but that makes me love their group the more. They are able to mess-up. The routine was a night at the movies and was purely spectacular!
As for the awards? Well, the artist shouldn't have won best actor, best picture, or best director but everybody else deserved what they got. I was super excited for Meryll Streep who rightly got best actress for her performance in Iron Lady.
Now, on to the most interesting part of the Oscars: the fashion!!!!! I shall start with worst dressed: Jennifer Lopez. I would have originally picked Melissa McCarthy, but her dress was actually pretty; it just looked awful on her. Jennifer Lopez's dress would've looked hideous on anyone. Best dressed must be split into guys and girls. Best Dressed Girl goes to Penelope Cruz for her gorgeous, lavendar, off the shoulder, ball gown that was perfect throwback to Grace Kelly! Emma Stone's straight, cherry red, chiffon dress with a massive bow at the side of her neck was a close second.
Now, the guys were tough. They were not very well represented which was rather sad. Yes, they all looked nice, but none of them looked really amazing. I was going to give it to Kenneth Branaugh because he looked excellent, but then, out to present the award for best supporting actress walked Christian Bale. In a black tux, black shirt, and long, black tie, he looked absolutely amazing!!! Woo-hoo! I was very happy to give it to a guy who really earned it. Oh, and I cannot forget to mention that the close second place goes to Tom Cruise.
Anyway, so that's my critique of the Oscars. It may not be very important to others, but I always enjoy watching the fun. So long to the golden statue for another year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment