Just a Random Post

Friday, January 18, 2013
I'm going to be abnormal. I'm not going to say "WOW! I haven't posted in forever." I'm not going to apologize or offer explanations for why I haven't written. I'm not even going to talk about Christmas or having all the family here. Well, maybe for just a second. ;)

It was great to have the family here! I couldn't have enjoyed spending time with Julianne more than I did. Yes, I did most of the diapers, and asked for it, too. :) I'm practically a pro...well, not quite yet. But, I will be soon. Though I posted them on facebook already, I've got two adorable shots for you. Right here. :)


 You might be able to see her "Cindy-Loo-Who" curl in this picture. 

So, let me tell you a little about my classes. I'm taking four this semester, and attending a fifth...though I'm not actually taking it. It's a bit confusing, but I shall explain. (Oh, and to protect the privacy of the teachers, I shall use only an initial to refer to them.)
1. Brit. Lit: When I signed up for this course, I was not looking forward to it. I'm not a fan of ancient English literature. Still, a friend was taking it, and the class fit into the category of a "required" for my degree. The class is taught by Dr. T. (From a Muppet standpoint, that's really funny!) Though I doubt it will be my favorite class of the semester, I have already found myself enjoying the presentation of info.

2. Speech: Ms. S is unpredictable and fun. I'm looking forward to the rest of the class. 

3. Spanish: This is an online class and has caused an insane amount of headache. Still, after going back and forth, back and forth, and back and forth again, I've decided to stick the course out and just do it. Prof. S is prompt with emails, so that's a very good thing. 

4. Biology: Science is not my favorite avenue, but I do enjoy Biology. And though I'm taking the first part that mainly deals with cells (blah), I'm interested in the class. Plus, it's taught by Dr. S. He's been fun, spending one class meeting talking a good deal about penguins and the other talking about cake. He assures us we'll get to Biology soon. Haha! 

5. (the almost class) Literature: Then and Now. This class is with my favorite teacher, Mrs. V. She and I rather brainstormed the idea for this class last semester. The whole class looks at a piece of literature and then a modern (or at least written after the original) version of the literature. For example, we've already looked at the difference between three versions of Cinderella. Grimm's, Disney's, and then the Chinese version. Yin Xuan? I think that's the name, but I'm not sure. Anyway, it's really cool to see the differences and similarities in these pieces  and I'm looking forward to reading and attending more, though I'm not required to. :)

0 comments: