As I sit watching Jen Kessy and April Ross smack the volleyball around on the sand, competing against the Argentines, I feel compelled to write a post about the Olympics.
I love the Olympics. I mean, seriously, there's nothing broadcast on TV that I get more excited for! If I needed to, I could definitely live without cable. But, I feel pretty sure that I would need to check into a hotel or something during the Olympics so I could watch. Maybe I'd just temporarily invite myself over to a friend's house (temporarily for 17 days, that is-haha).
One of the reasons why I believe the Olympics are so amazing is this. We live in a world of already high but ever increasing political problems. Issues and strife run rampant. Then, every 2 years, though those problems are still present, they are put aside as the best of the best in sports compete. It's basically someone saying "Hey, I love this sport, and I'm really good at it. You like this sport too? Great, let's play and see who's better." That's the Olympics. The world comes together for sports. I don't care if it sounds cheesy or dumb or anything; it's true.
Sports are great! I think sports are great, anyway. And it's such a fun time, rooting for your team! I mean, most of us don't even know a quarter of the over 500 athletes from America that are competing. Yet, all I do is look for the Stars and Stripes, and I can get off my seat, jumping up and down for someone I've never heard of.
You say that's not normal? Well, maybe it's not. ;) Haha, in fact, it's probably not, yet that's what the Olympics do to me. I don't care what sport is on; I'll watch it (except basketball--I can't abide basketball). I prefer the Summer to the Winter games. And in Summer, Gymnastics is definitely my favorite. I used to REALLY want to be a gymnast, so my adoration for the sport runs deep. After that, Volleyball comes (a sport I took 2 classes on and really enjoy!). Swimming's probably next with everything else. I mean, all the sports are just so much fun...except basketball. Haha!
Yes, I do love the Olympics. I know I already said that, but it's worth saying again. It's such a wonderful time of record-setting and history in the making! Watch and enjoy with me! This only happens every 2 years! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment