Journey Through the Kitchen with Meaghan Kelly, episode 1

Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Menu item? Crockpot Chicken
Sides? brown rice and vegetable medley

You know, I use to want to have a show on Food network. I'm not sad ot lose that wish. I much rather prefer to dabble in the kitchen and experiment here and there.
Anyway, you guys probably remember that in August, I was the chef for a week. I planned the menu, went shopping for the groceries, and cooked everything. That was during the summer, though. Now, I've got a crazy schedule going on, so it's not been as easy to shop and plan or even be home to make stuff. Thus, I decided to do some family recipes that were quicker to make.
Mondays, as a lot of you know, is choir for me. I usually get home at 5. Well, that doesn't leave much time for dinner. Foreseeing this problem, Mom encouraged me to make something in the crockpot.
I settled on the classic recipe for our house, Crockpot Chicken. So good!!! So, I put the chicken in, mixed the soups, sprinkled all the spices on top, and put on the lid. Then, you just let it sit for about 7 hours.
Because we were getting home especially late from yesterday, Kathryn was gracious enough to get the rice done for me. Then, I got the vegetables ready, and dinner was ready. A picture of my plate is below. Yum!

2 comments:

singerinkitchen said...

Sounds lovely! You sound all grown up and business like. "Left the chicken cooking for 7 hours!" Nice post!

Meaghan said...

Haha, thanks!